A career at Costello is an opportunity to grow and work with a peer group of industry leaders in all aspects of Civil Engineering and Surveying.
Costello maintains a staff of over 150 professionals. We are proud that many of our employees have been with us since the firms' inception in 1991, and that our turnover rate is extremely low. We maintain this level of staff continuity by treating our employees as professionals and providing a relaxed working environment, competitive compensation/benefits package, and the opportunity for growth and career development.
Costello offers the following benefits:
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible schedules
- 4 1 / 2 day work week
- Medical insurance
- Cafeteria program / Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) plan with match
- Vacation / Holiday / Sick pay
- In-house training programs
Costello strives to provide proper training, support, and resources so everyone can realize their full potential. We recognize and value the contribution of all who work at Costello to the overall success of the firm.
Costello is now hiring for the following positions:
Designer - Land DevelopmentMinimum Requirement:
- High school diploma and 5 or more years of basic drafting/relevant CAD experience, AutoCAD experience acceptable, MicroStation experience preferred
- Experience in preparation of construction plans for water, sewer, drainage and paving improvements for subdivisions/sections and detention improvements
- Performs computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, including preparation of construction drawings and routine design assignments by applying fundamental design concepts
- Determines drawing sequence and presentations, refining rough sketches and notes, and performs routine calculations to size various system components
- Performs material quantities take-offs, using standard procedures
- Communicates effectively with other staff and project team members; interacts with reviewing agencies on a limited basis
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of construction related experience
- Perform on-site observation of work progress, materials incorporated into the project, and testing for assigned projects, to assist the engineer in determining if the project is proceeding in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Prepare daily field reports to document the contractor’s progress, and any substantial issues that may arise regarding the progress of the work and/or the contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications for the project.
- Serve as the engineer’s liaison with the contractor’s field personnel.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and project team members; interact with client, general public, and officials, on a limited basis.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.) is a plus.
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- Assist Hydrology and Hydraulics Project Manager in conceptualizing the initial design approach and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Perform work involving the application of engineering principles and practices associated with hydrology and hydraulics.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Hydrology and Hydraulics analysis. Must be experienced in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.)
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM). Envision Certification is preferred.
- Manage Hydrology and Hydraulics aspects of land development and site development projects including feasibility analyses, conceptual design, final design and coordination with design teams.
- Prepare reports, writing and communication skills will be key characteristics in the successful candidate.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for large or complex projects and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Supervises assigned engineering and support personnel.
- Routinely interacts with clients, officials, etc.; represents the company and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
For all other positions - Apply here