A career at Costello is an opportunity to grow and work with a peer group of industry leaders in all aspects of Civil Engineering and Surveying.
Costello maintains a staff of over 150 professionals. We are proud that many of our employees have been with us since the firms' inception in 1991, and that our turnover rate is extremely low. We maintain this level of staff continuity by treating our employees as professionals and providing a relaxed working environment, competitive compensation/benefits package, and the opportunity for growth and career development.
Costello offers the following benefits:
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible schedules
- 4 1 / 2 day work week
- Medical insurance
- Cafeteria program / Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) plan with match
- Vacation / Holiday / Sick pay
- In-house training programs
Costello strives to provide proper training, support, and resources so everyone can realize their full potential. We recognize and value the contribution of all who work at Costello to the overall success of the firm.
Costello is now hiring for the following positions:
Designer - Land DevelopmentMinimum Requirement:
- High school diploma and 5 or more years of basic drafting/relevant CAD experience, AutoCAD experience acceptable, MicroStation experience preferred
- Experience in preparation of construction plans for water, sewer, drainage and paving improvements for subdivisions/sections and detention improvements
- Performs computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, including preparation of construction drawings and routine design assignments by applying fundamental design concepts
- Determines drawing sequence and presentations, refining rough sketches and notes, and performs routine calculations to size various system components
- Performs material quantities take-offs, using standard procedures
- Communicates effectively with other staff and project team members; interacts with reviewing agencies on a limited basis
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of construction related experience
- Perform on-site observation of work progress, materials incorporated into the project, and testing for assigned projects, to assist the engineer in determining if the project is proceeding in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Prepare daily field reports to document the contractor’s progress, and any substantial issues that may arise regarding the progress of the work and/or the contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications for the project.
- Serve as the engineer’s liaison with the contractor’s field personnel.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and project team members; interact with client, general public, and officials, on a limited basis.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.) is a plus.
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- Assist Hydrology and Hydraulics Project Manager in conceptualizing the initial design approach and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Perform work involving the application of engineering principles and practices associated with hydrology and hydraulics.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Hydrology and Hydraulics analysis. Must be experienced in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.)
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM). Envision Certification is preferred.
- Manage Hydrology and Hydraulics aspects of land development and site development projects including feasibility analyses, conceptual design, final design and coordination with design teams.
- Prepare reports, writing and communication skills will be key characteristics in the successful candidate.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for large or complex projects and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Supervises assigned engineering and support personnel.
- Routinely interacts with clients, officials, etc.; represents the company and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
- High school diploma or technical school training with courses in CAD or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of platting/planning in the Greater of Houston area with 3+ years of experience in subdivision platting
- Capable of handling all aspects related to preliminary and final plat submittals and plat recordation
- Experience in dealing with multiple cities and counties in the Greater Houston area
- Microsoft experience preferred
- Perform work involving application, submission, coordination, and completion of subdivision plats and planned development approvals
- Ensure finished products comply with applicable rules and regulations
- Provide guidance for platting technicians to complete tasks in an efficient and accurate manner
- High school diploma and demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Experience with CivCast is a plus.
- Perform general administrative support, including preparation of letters, transmittals, contract documents, and reports, copying, scanning, and filing documents.
- Prepare mail, deliveries, and reproduction orders.
- Assist in the preparation of construction contracts, bid advertisements, and addendums.
- Assist with bid opening and preparation of bid tabulations.
- Assist with processing of contractors pay estimates.
- Cover front desk for breaks, and fills in as requested.
- Assist in preparation for in-house meetings.
- Communicate and interact effectively with other staff members, clients, and the general public.
- 10 years of progressive experience with at least 2 years of experience after registration.
- MicroStation experience preferred.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor in State of Texas.
- Manage the overall technical aspects of assigned projects, including supervision and guidance of field and office staff, research, quality control, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of assigned projects and the ability to share the information with project managers and clients.
- Prepare boundary survey maps, subdivision plats, right-of-way maps, control surveys, topographic surveys, metes & bounds descriptions, and reports.
- Maintain current working knowledge of survey procedures and legal requirements.
- 5 years of progressive experience in assisting a Registered Professional Land Surveyor in processing data, research, map preparation and legal descriptions.
- MicroStation experience preferred.
- Surveyor-in-Training Certification.
- Produce various land survey related documents including topographic, boundary, plats, and easements. Complete Survey calculations, analysis and final map.
- Write legal descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, easements, leases, and other documents.
- Process field data from various sources (total stations, GPS receivers and digital levels).
- Interface with project managers and field crews to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Collaborate with Project Surveyor to setup new projects and determine scope and timeframe. Maintain accurate project records.
- Analyze and review work of field survey team.
For all other positions - Apply here