A career at Costello is an opportunity to grow and work with a peer group of industry leaders in all aspects of Civil Engineering and Surveying.
Costello maintains a staff of over 130 professionals. We are proud that many of our employees have been with us since the firms' inception in 1991, and that our turnover rate is extremely low. We maintain this level of staff continuity by treating our employees as professionals and providing a relaxed working environment, competitive compensation/benefits package, and the opportunity for growth and career development.
Costello offers the following benefits:
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible schedules
- 4 1 / 2 day work week
- Medical insurance
- Cafeteria program / Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) plan with match
- Vacation / Holiday / Sick pay
- In-house training programs
Costello strives to provide proper training, support, and resources so everyone can realize their full potential. We recognize and value the contribution of all who work at Costello to the overall success of the firm.
Costello is now hiring for the following positions:
Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer
Costello Inc. is accepting applications for a position as a Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer. This position would be responsible for performing drainage impact analyses, floodplain evaluations, Letters of Map Revision, and developing drainage solutions for both public and private clients. The position would provide technical engineering support for a variety of project types and clients ranging from private land developers, local flood control districts, and large scale transportation projects.
- The candidate should have 5 to 10 years of progressive engineering experience, preferably in the Houston market.
- Professional Engineering License is required.
- This position would report directly to the H&H department manager to perform hydrologic and hydraulic studies and would provide technical support to the various departments within the company for complex drainage solutions.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects, manage project day-to-day task, maintain communication with other internal company personnel on assigned projects, and ability to function within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate among various internal and external project team members to develop drainage solutions for the projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats. This position would be responsible for developing technical reports, letters, and other project communications and be able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner. The candidate would also be responsible for communicating with applicable review agencies and presentation of results to clients/project stakeholders.
- Opportunity to work directly with and provide mentorship to the engineers-in-training within the department.
- Experience with major hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software such as HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS is required. Experience in GIS, CAD, unsteady state, dynamic
and 2D modeling techniques and software is a plus.
Senior Project Manager, Water & Wastewater, Houston
Costello, Inc. is accepting applications for a position as a Water & Wastewater Senior Project Manager. This position would report directly to the
Water & Wastewater Department Manager.
- Serve as project manager or project engineer, as needed, on range of water & wastewater facilities projects, such as lift stations, water plants, wastewater treatment plants, transmission/distribution/collection lines, and reclaimed water treatment/distribution facilities.
- Oversee others working on a project, work among a team, or work independently.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and performance of multiple projects.
- Identify work priorities and functions with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and work directly with EITs, PEs, Designers, and Technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer License.
- 10+ years experience with Municipal Water and Wastewater systems planning and design is preferred.
- Strong technical background and experience in designing plants and lift stations.
- Ability to independently create detailed designs, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Must exhibit strong project management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills preferred.
- Good working knowledge of City of Houston and Harris County, Fort Bend, and Montgomery Counties review processes preferred.
- Good working knowledge of TCEQ Rules and Regulations preferred.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team and sub-consultants preferred.
For all other positions - Apply here