A career at Costello is an opportunity to grow and work with a peer group of industry leaders in all aspects of Civil Engineering and Surveying.
Costello maintains a staff of over 150 professionals. We are proud that many of our employees have been with us since the firms' inception in 1991, and that our turnover rate is extremely low. We maintain this level of staff continuity by treating our employees as professionals and providing a relaxed working environment, competitive compensation/benefits package, and the opportunity for growth and career development.
Costello offers the following benefits:
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible schedules
- 4 1 / 2 day work week
- Medical insurance
- Cafeteria program / Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) plan with match
- Vacation / Holiday / Sick pay
- In-house training programs
Costello strives to provide proper training, support, and resources so everyone can realize their full potential. We recognize and value the contribution of all who work at Costello to the overall success of the firm.
Costello is now hiring for the following positions:
Accounting Clerk II
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- 6 years of billing/accounts receivable experience, or any equivalent education and experience.
- Provides a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Accounting Department assisting in the Billing, Cash Receipts, and Accounts Receivable areas.
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures; checks and verifies data for completeness and accuracy; work is often quantitative in nature; typically uses computerized data management and analysis systems.
- Specializes in Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts, handling billing for a large selection of project managers. May also generate Accounts Receivable statements and monthly AR reports, and other reports as requested.
- Communicate and interact effectively with other staff members, clients, and vendors.
Designer - Land DevelopmentMinimum Requirement:
- High school diploma and 5 or more years of basic drafting/relevant CAD experience, AutoCAD experience acceptable, MicroStation experience preferred
- Experience in preparation of construction plans for water, sewer, drainage and paving improvements for subdivisions/sections and detention improvements
- Performs computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, including preparation of construction drawings and routine design assignments by applying fundamental design concepts
- Determines drawing sequence and presentations, refining rough sketches and notes, and performs routine calculations to size various system components
- Performs material quantities take-offs, using standard procedures
- Communicates effectively with other staff and project team members; interacts with reviewing agencies on a limited basis
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of construction related experience
- Perform on-site observation of work progress, materials incorporated into the project, and testing for assigned projects, to assist the engineer in determining if the project is proceeding in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Prepare daily field reports to document the contractor’s progress, and any substantial issues that may arise regarding the progress of the work and/or the contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications for the project.
- Serve as the engineer’s liaison with the contractor’s field personnel.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and project team members; interact with client, general public, and officials, on a limited basis.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.) is a plus.
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- Assist Hydrology and Hydraulics Project Manager in conceptualizing the initial design approach and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Perform work involving the application of engineering principles and practices associated with hydrology and hydraulics.
Hydrology & Hydraulics Project Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Hydrology and Hydraulics analysis. Must be experienced in land development and/or public works related drainage projects including master drainage plans, detention analyses and development of impact/mitigation analyses is a plus.
- Must be well versed in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, steady and unsteady state modeling. Dynamic modeling (i.e.: SWMM, 2-Dimensional, etc.)
- Engineering degree, Engineer In Training acceptable with Good Experience Record, Professional Engineer License and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM). Envision Certification is preferred.
- Manage Hydrology and Hydraulics aspects of land development and site development projects including feasibility analyses, conceptual design, final design and coordination with design teams.
- Prepare reports, writing and communication skills will be key characteristics in the successful candidate.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for large or complex projects and has overall responsibility for the engineering work on all assigned projects.
- Supervises assigned engineering and support personnel.
- Routinely interacts with clients, officials, etc.; represents the company and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
Municipal Division Manager
- 15 years of experience in public works engineering. Must be experienced in public works design projects such as road reconstruction, water, sewer, and storm sewer improvements and rehabilitation.
- Completed public works design projects for cities and/or regional water authorities located in the Greater Houston region.
- Professional Engineer License is required, Envision Certification is a plus.
- Manage the performance of the Municipal Division. Monitor workload and profitability of the Division.
- Direct business development pursuits for the Division. Regularly represent the company when attending association/networking events.
- Review and negotiate professional engineering services agreements.
- Direct project managers and staff within the Division.
- Supervise the design and construction of public works related projects including road reconstruction, water, sewer and storm sewer improvement and rehabilitation.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate training for all Division employees. Create and manage training plans for staff.
- High school diploma and demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Experience with CivCast is a plus.
- Perform general administrative support, including preparation of letters, transmittals, contract documents, and reports, copying, scanning, and filing documents.
- Prepare mail, deliveries, and reproduction orders.
- Assist in the preparation of construction contracts, bid advertisements, and addendums.
- Assist with bid opening and preparation of bid tabulations.
- Assist with processing of contractors pay estimates.
- Cover front desk for breaks, and fills in as requested.
- Assist in preparation for in-house meetings.
- Communicate and interact effectively with other staff members, clients, and the general public.
- 10 years of progressive experience with at least 2 years of experience after registration.
- MicroStation experience preferred.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor in State of Texas.
- Manage the overall technical aspects of assigned projects, including supervision and guidance of field and office staff, research, quality control, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of assigned projects and the ability to share the information with project managers and clients.
- Prepare boundary survey maps, subdivision plats, right-of-way maps, control surveys, topographic surveys, metes & bounds descriptions, and reports.
- Maintain current working knowledge of survey procedures and legal requirements.
- 5 years of progressive experience in assisting a Registered Professional Land Surveyor in processing data, research, map preparation and legal descriptions.
- MicroStation experience preferred.
- Surveyor-in-Training Certification.
- Produce various land survey related documents including topographic, boundary, plats, and easements. Complete Survey calculations, analysis and final map.
- Write legal descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, easements, leases, and other documents.
- Process field data from various sources (total stations, GPS receivers and digital levels).
- Interface with project managers and field crews to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Collaborate with Project Surveyor to setup new projects and determine scope and timeframe. Maintain accurate project records.
- Analyze and review work of field survey team.
For all other positions - Apply here