Ruben Q. De La Rosa, P.E.
The use of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) for tolling purposes is aimed to mitigate congestion, decrease wait times at toll plazas, and reduce environmental effects.
But what exactly does that mean to you? View Full Post
Trisha D. Frederick, P.E., MBA, LEEP AP
Need to learn more about Subsurface Utility Engineering, commonly referred to as SUE?
Imagine this. You are the project manager for a roadway project. It was advertised to the public that the roadway would be done in January, and it is now June. Six months behind schedule and the project is not complete. Home and business owners are upset because of the backed up traffic, and everyone is looking to you for an answer. View Full Post
Corbett Freeman, P.E.
Money for infrastructure always seems to be scarce, but our great “Bayou City” continues to grow and, at the same time, continues to age. Without needs-based programs like ReBuild Houston that prioritize replacement of crumbling infrastructure, a full eighty percent of drainage structures and streets will outlive their useful life in the next 20 years. Nationally, the last increase in the gas tax, which generally pays for our transportation system, was over 20 years ago. That bill, however, was passed to balance the budget, not to pay for new and replacement infrastructure. View Full Post
Susan Alford - President of Berg Oliver Associates, Inc.
On August 28, 2015, the EPA pushed forward, with the Final Waters of the United States (WOTUS) Rule, its attempt to clarify jurisdictional limits covered under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and how they are defined.
Attempt is as gracious of a term as I can use. View Full Post
- Party Like a Professional
- Structures - Part 2
- Being Conscious About Your Social Media Presence
- The Final “Waters of the United States” Rule, Continued…
- ITS Equipment is Making the Tollbooth Obsolete
- Subsurface Utility Engineering 101
- Remote Sensing Applications in GIS
- Focusing On Leaders Bridges the Gap to Client Satisfaction
- Time for an Emotional Intelligence Check Up
- Benefits of a Corporate Wellness Program
- Smart Corporate Giving
- Structures Need Rehab - Part 1
- So You Think Your Vote Doesn’t Matter?
- The Final “Waters of the United States” Rule…Maybe
- How to Ace Your Interview
- When It Floods In Houston, The Aquifers Are Recharged…Right?
- Municipal Utility Districts (MUD) 101
- Benefits of Successful Team Building
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Detention 101: Detention vs. Retention
- Standing Out and Climbing The Ladder of Success - Young Engineers Series
- The Stereotyping Conundrum
- Do You Live in a Flood Plain?
- The Importance of Getting Involved - Part 2 of our Young Engineers Series
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Nutrient Pollution
- So You’ve Got Your BS In Engineering – Now What’s Next? (Part 1 of our Young Engineers Series)
- Hidden Biases in the Workplace
- Irrigation and Conservation
- Using GIS to Facilitate Development within Floodplain
- Our Future Water: Trends and Challenges